Custom Order - Paint YOUR coin (please read Description for exceptions)
Yes, I am happy to paint your coin as a custom order. Whether you have a family treasure, a coin you brought back from a trip, or just something I don't offer in my store, feel free to contact me with your questions at Ann@AnimalCoin.com.
ANN WILL EMAIL YOU A STREET ADDRESS TO MAIL THE COINS TO.
Here are some frequently asked questions:
How do I know the exact cost?
- Send photo of the coin and the diameter size to Ann@AnimalCoin.com for approval of the custom project and for a quote. Most coins will be $50 per coin. Ann will also give the buyer estimated process time with the quote.
- If the order is not the price in this listing, Ann will create a custom listing for the buyer to make payment.
What qualifies as a coin?
- Coin must measure less than 2 inches diameter for this price. If the coin is larger than that, please contact Ann@AnimalCoin.com for a quote.
- High relief coins can be a problem to paint (gravity wins!). If you have any doubts, email a photo to Ann@AnimalCoin.com and ask. A closeup with your cell phone works well.
What colors can be painted?
- Buyer chooses Main or Secondary colors based on my current colors offered. I blend my own paints, so communicate if you prefer saturated colors or softer colors. Review coins in my store on this website for color examples and ideas for color combinations. Please put color preferences in Note Section during checkout.
- Artist/Seller chooses placement of colors for best look for the design. Some areas of the coin may not be paintable due to uneven areas of the coin.
What types of products can my coin be made into?
- Pendants. The back is clear coated and the bail covers part of the coin.
- Money Clip. The coin is adhered to the money clip and the coin back is covered.
- Pin. A pin and clutch is adhered to the back of the coin. Works best with a coin under 1 inch (25mm)
- Earrings - Coins should be small or lightweight. The paint adds to the weight. Contact Ann@AnimalCoin.com for a combined price with 2 coins used in the project.
- Button. A button shank is adhered on the back. Works best on small coins under 1 inch (25mm)
- Poker Marker or Golf Marker. One side is painted, and the back has a thin coat of clear so coin lays flat.
- Cuff links - They are adhered to a cufflink finding, and the back of the coin is partially covered. Contact Ann@AnimalCoin.com for a combined price with 2 coins for this project.
- Collectible. Painted on 1 side or two, and Ann sends a small clear acrylic easel stand.
- Keychain. I normally adhere the coin to a textured metal keyfob, and the coin back is covered. I have tested, and this is the only method that hold up to the abuse a keychain takes.
How to I get the coin to you?
- All Custom Orders must be prepaid before painting begins.. With payment, Ann will email you a street address to mail your coin to her.
- Buyer mails coin to me at their cost. I recommend insurance on the package. If you alert her by email when it is sent, she can email you when she receives it in the mail.
- Ann will mail back to the buyer 1st class mail, insured. Shipping is Free USA, $8 flat rate to Canada, and $12 flat rate everywhere else.
Do I get a chain with my pendant?
- Ann includes a complementary bascivchain with all pendants.